lunes, 8 de septiembre de 2014

FASHION LIFE: NYFW Days 1 & 2 - 5 Highlights You Shouldn't Miss

Saying that I love September would be more than an understatement. All my life September has been the month of big dreams. At 30, it still is. You can't imagine how excited Fashion Weeks make me. The bustle, the new collections, the front rows, all the glossy pages of new trends and millions of street style pictures. What else can I ask for in my fashion-life?

However, how come I missed, not one but TWO days of New York Fashion Week?! It has caught me in the middle of the once in a lifetime moment of becoming a freelance Fashion PR! Putting up an office, planning with clients, trips to Ikea, and all that jazz. Luckily I have been able to catch up and bring you the five unmissable moments of Days 1 & 2!


Year after year, Giovanna Randall creates a collection to fit my style. A-lines, pastel colors, easy to wear combinations, and all the girliness. This years favorites include a big bow, a sky blue coat, high-waistlines and Mod shoes. Extra points for having Tennessee Thomas, Zoe Kazan and Zosia Mamet together at the front row.



The. wicker. bags. at. Kate. Spade. No more to say. Back in the 60s, a cheeky pretty girl called Jane Birkin used to go to the trendiest discos with a wicker basket under her arm. Nowadays, Kate Spade offers fashion girls with a mind the wicker basket made snail, frog or crab. What creepy animal will you take on your next night out? 




Charlotte Ronson is also one of my main girls at NYFW. Can't believe there was a time she was "the sister of the girl who dates LiLo". Past times forgotten, she always gets me with pastels, pretty minimalism, high-waist lines and a lot of leg showing. More of a city summer than beach-chic but, hey, that's the way I like it.



Just by the name, I could have told you I would like this brand. After seeing their clothing, I was hooked. Navy blue, black and white do the trick for me. Clothes perfect for either for New York or Paris are my dream come true. Or, better said, what my dreams feed from! As for the collection shots, I would say that Band of Outsiders were also caught in the middle of an office renewal just like me!



And oh, surprises for the last! Any person who has heard me ranting about fashion knows that Desigual is not my cup of tea. Still isn't, they have not convinced me yet. Even though the brand and I were born in the same city of Barcelona, I still cannot understand what brings people to wear such patterns and senseless combinations. The point is, this season Desigual made me truly and sincerly happy sending models down the runway with flowers in their heads. Crowns flowers automatically take me to Frida Kahlo more than to indie muses and festival goers. Frida is an ultimate style icon.

FYI, I managed to catch up on Day 3. Blogging up next.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 
Blogging tips