miércoles, 10 de septiembre de 2014

FASHION LIFE: NYFW Days 4, 5 & 6 - Ten Outfits for the Clever Girl Wardrobe!

I am seeing zillions of outfits and collections being thrown at me from my computer screen. (Of course I wish I was sitting in F-row, but it'll have to wait). I even see models down the runway when I close my eyes. However there are 10 outfits which managed to stand out from the crowd. Ten outfits that will make any smart and stylish girl, like you, wish upon the stars.


You know the Breton stripes can't be far away from my closet. Nanette Lepore inspired by California and the South of France. Do we need anything else to dream of? Plus, look out for yellow, it still is the IT color.


All of us, bright girls, have days when walking out in pyjamas is the best idea that can come to mind. If it is stylishly printed, there is no turning back. Endless days of pjs and coffee, I say yes.


If I see myself walking down the streets of Paris in an outfit, that is enough for me. Definitely channeling my inner (and deep-inside) Brigitte Bardot here. Saint Tropez, wait for me.


Big glasses, comfy dress, pale blue + yellow and masculine shoes. Artsy and stylish. This outfit shouts "ingenious" everywhere it goes. I would take it to lots of places from client meeting to art museum afternoon.


Thom Browne is always something else and, this time, he has convinced me I want to go to a wedding looking like this. Anyone else getting married?





Maybe it was the mint color, maybe it was the feel of modern Marie Antoinette here. Collar, sweater and showing some leg, I was made for wearing you baby.

7 // The Row


Is it a trend to turn minimalistic when you start walking in fashion? (Not talking about Anna dello Russo here, course). Combining oversize and minimalism never looked better. Working-day outfit all the way.



Have you noticed some fixation with the blue and yellow combination? It is here, I must admit. However, the Oscar goes to those gorgeous platforms knotted at the ankle that promise to be stylish forever.


I just can't believe Timo Weiland's models are wearing the fluffy earrings my friend Aminta has been wearing for ages (and now sells at her online store Just Fucking Cool, click it, c'mon!). Oh, and the yellow again.


Let's save the best for the last. If I loved Marc, I cannot but absolutely adore the work of Luella Bartley and Katie Hillier. That is exactly what I was expecting, a collection that would made me dream: the rigid bags, the polka dots and... Hey, I told you, bra over clothes.

BONUS TRACKS

Day 4 - Sunday 7th Sept: Public School, Derek Lam, DKNY, and Tracy Reese.



Pictures: The Cut

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 
Blogging tips